Tottori Hanakairo-Flower Park
Tottori Hanakairo Flower Park is one of the largest flower parks in Japan. Within its nearly 50 hectares one can find garden beds of a variety of seasonal flowers, a greenhouse flower dome with a diameter of 50m, a flowerbed on water, a European garden, and a roofed walkway spanning almost the entire perimeter of the park. Viewing of illuminated flowers by night, called "Moonlight Flower Garden", is very popular, and held on weekends during July and August, and during summer and winter vacation seasons.
The Restaurant Hanakairo is also well known, with its high glass walls and ceiling providing beautiful viewpoints of the park and Mt Daisen. This restaurant mainly uses ingredients grown locally (the rice is from farms surrounding Hanakairo), and uses groundwater from under the park.
- Address: 110 Tsuruta, Nanbu-cho, Saihaku-gun, Tottori Prefecture, 683-0217
- Phone: 0859-48-3030
- Daily Opening Hours:
- Closed: Every Tuesday (December – March), December 26th - 31st
- Discounted Price for Foreign Visitors: 500yen
- Credit Card Facilities: Not Available
- Wi-Fi: Not Available
- URL http://www.tottorihanakairou.or.jp/